This is a message from the Art Radar team to wish readers a happy New Year and to thank you for your support in 2008.
We started the site in the middle of 2008 and averaged over 6000 page views a month last year. In each of October and November 2008 pageviews exceeded 10,000. Our email subscriber list has grown to a following of 165 readers many of whom are powerful influencers and participants in the art world. As well as collectors and galleries we have readers from
- auction houses (Bonhams, Ravenel, Saffronart)
- media and PR companies (Asian Art News, Indian Art News, Time Out, Hammer Events)
- art fairs (Art Dubai)
- art support services such as art catalogue sellers, art book publishers, art handlers
- educational institutions (Harvard University, Duke University, Sotheby’s Institute)
- museums and other non-profits (Asia Society in New York)
- art archives (Asia Art Archive in Hong Kong)
- corporations and banks (UBS, Credit Suisse)
We will be making some changes in 2009, the biggest of which is a move from wordpress.com which, we discovered somewhat late, is a platform which is blocked in China. We hope all our readers will support us through the change and we look forward to being accessible to readers in China later in the year.
Finally a small request. If you have any suggestions for the content and layout of the site please feel free to leave a comment below. As we are now in a planning phase – it is January after all – we would love to know what you would like to see more of and less of. We can’t promise to execute all your suggestions but they will all be noted, stored and mulled over!
Art Radar Team