INDIAN ART GALLERY
Bodhi art gallery, the sole Indian art gallery that had branches in three international cities, has shut shop in New York and will soon close down in Berlin too. Remaining quite tight-lipped, Sharmistha Ray from Bodhi art gallery confirms, “We have closed down the New York gallery and we will be closing the one in Berlin by mid-February.” Sources allege that they will soon close their galleries in Delhi and Singapore as well.
- Asian art fair in New York cancelled Dec 2008
- Art professionals cautiously optimistic about Asian art – AFP Nov 2008
- Indian art market falls in latest ArtTactic survey Nov 2008
- Mei Moses art index founder talks about financial crisis and art Sep 2008
- India has most speculative art market in world Sep 2008