ART COURSE CHINESE ART
A half day seminar “State of the Art – China 2010: Trends and Developments in Chinese Contemporary Art” will be hosted by ArtInsight and the University of Westminster – Asian Studies department on 12 April 2010.
This symposium includes leading figures in the Chinese art scene, like Simon Kirby, director of Chambers Fine Art, Beijing, artist Sheng Qi, and other well-known industry professionals who will analyse the future of Chinese contemporary art. It will consider the development of art spaces, the fluctuating art market, and Asia’s growing importance in the international art scene.
Though the seminar fee is £95 for attendees, there is a student rate of £25. It will be held in Central London at the University of Westminster.
- Ai Weiwei is next artist in Unilever Series at Tate Modern – Mar 2010
- “The Empire Strikes Back – Indian art Today” at Saatchi Gallery: critics’ review roundup – Feb 2010
- Indian artist Anish Kapoor’s solo at Royal Academy – what did the critics call it? Performance art and Turkish toilet – Jan 2010
- Why do critics like Zhang Huan but not his show? Live pigs installation at White Cube 2009 – review roundup – October 2009
- Korean Eye exhibition in Saatchi Gallery London extended due to popularity – Aug 2009