GRAFFITI STREET ART URBAN ART EVENTS CHARITY HONG KONG
“Pick it Up“, a Hong Kong graffiti event of which part of the proceeds with be donated to the charity Mother’s Choice, is to be held at dragon-i early this month. It has been organised by Chokoli Strawberry Event Communication in collaboration with Xin Wang Prestige and No Borders Art Gallery.
Art Radar has noticed that increasing attention is being paid to urban, street and graffiti art in Hong Kong. A number of new galleries that have opened in the city in the past few years are dedicating themselves to this art form, generally catering to a young audience of first-time collectors.
From the Chokoli Strawberry Events Communication press release:
“Headlining the event are multi-talented French graffiti artists Ceet, Kongo, Soone, Lazoo and Colorz and from New York, American legend graffiti artists Cope2, T Kid and Sonic. Also present will be famous French photographer Laurent Segretier.”
Beginning at 7pm, the event will be held at dragon-i (Hong Kong) on Thursday 11 November.
- Hong Kong Street Art Series: Above Second imports new energies and aesthetics to local art scene – October 2010 – the second in a series of interview posts on the development of street art in Hong Kong
- Art Radar Asia launches Hong Kong Street Art Series: interview with co-owner of Above Second – October 2010 – the first in a series of interview posts on the development of street art in Hong Kong
- What is Street Art? Top 5 street artists in the art world – Part II – March 2010 – a listing of these 5 artists with well-researched biographies on each one
- What is Street Art? Vandalism, graffiti or public art – Part I – January 2010 – an original and informed explanation of the international street art movement
- Why is Thailand difficult for street artists? Graffiti artist Bundit Puangthong explains – July 2009 – Puangthong tells the Bangkok Post why Australia is a sanctuary for his street art