ART AUCTIONS UK EVENTS CHINESE CONTEMPORARY ART
The Chinese Art Centre in Manchester, UK will hold the first ever auction of contemporary Chinese art in the country on 2 December. This silent auction will be accompanied by online bidding options. The fundraiser will include works donated by 29 artists including Gordon Cheung, Suki Chan, Dinu Li, Ed Pien, Ming Wong, Tsang Kin Wah and Pei Yuan Jiang.
The press release from the Centre says,
“We are delighted to be able to present such wonderful works by both established and emerging Chinese artists from Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK and USA. Huge thanks go to all the artists for their incredibly generous donations.
With bids starting at just £200 our auction is the perfect opportunity to invest in Chinese art while at the same time supporting the Centre’s work.
Proceeds from the auction will support cutting-edge developments in our artistic programme and allow us to develop new commissions in collaboration with the most exciting new talent emerging from the dynamic contemporary Chinese art world.
The works are also on view in the gallery from 25 November. The auction will close with a special closing silent auction event on 2 December 6-8pm at Chinese Arts Centre to attend rsvp to email@example.com
If you are unable to make it to the Centre don’t worry we will continue to take online bids up until the auction closes at 8pm on 2 December.
If you would like any further information or would like to find out more about the works please do get in touch.
Good luck and thank you for your support!
Sally Lai, Chief Executive, & Trustees & Team at Chinese Arts Centre”
- AW Asia’s Larry Warsh on who to collect and why in Chinese art – interview – November 2010 – read this for an art professionals insight into the Chinese art market today
- Contemporary Chinese photographic aesthetic captured at top 3 American museums – October 2010 – a copy of the release announcing these three important exhibitions
- Wilson Shieh revitalises ancient Chinese painting techniques – video – September 2010 – watch Shieh at work in this revealing mini-doc
- A testimonial for Chinese contemporary art – Art Radar speaks with Weng Ling – August 2010 – insightful and frank, Ling imparts her knowledge of the Chinese art scene
- Wu Guanzhong, influential and non-conformist Chinese painter, dies at 91 – July 2010 – an overview of Guanzhong’s life and work