ART EVENTS CHINA CHINESE ARTISTS
Art Radar recently attended the eighth leg of “Detour”, a travelling exhibition of artist-decorated Moleskine notebooks, and took some pictures to share with you, our readers. This version of “Detour” was on display at Bund18’s 18Gallery in Shanghai from October 21 to November 20 and featured Moleskines by internationally-renowned Chinese artists, curators and photographers as well as illustrators, writers, architects, , film directors and graphic designers.
We found a video of the event on Youtube. Watch it below or on Youtube.
- AW Asia’s Larry Warsh on who to collect and why in Chinese art – interview – November 2010 – Art Radar talks with the knowledgeable Larry Warsh
- ArtSway Associate Dinu Li’s new solo exhibition on China’s past and present – two Art Radar interviews – September 2010 – an interview with artist Dinu Li and ArtSway’s Peter Bonnell
- A testimonial for Chinese contemporary art – Art Radar speaks with Weng Ling – August 2010 – Art Radar interviews a figure essential to Chinese contemporary art history
- Visual culture of Shanghai on show at San Francisco Asian Art Museum – June 2010 – “Shanghai” presents a portrait of a city evolving over 160 years
- Animamix Biennial – an alternative biennial pushes aesthetic of comic art – interview curator Victoria Lu – February 2010 – a biennial for artwork that combines the styles of animation and comics