HOLIDAY GIFTSART MAGAZINES
While the world goes digital around you sometimes it’s nice to site down at your desk and flick through the pages of a well-produced glossy. Art Radar presents a hand-picked selection of art magazines that will keep you or those around you easily up-to-date with the goings on in the Asian and international art worlds. Get purchasing quick! The holiday season fast approaches.
Asian Art News
By the end of the month, our copy of Asian Art News is dog-eared and covered in a forest of sticky notes. A must-have resource not available online and invaluable for learning about emerging and mid career contemporary Asian artists. Focuses on issues surrounding contemporary art in Asia.
The Art Newspaper – International Edition
The Art Newspaper may be pricier than the average newspaper, but for those in the art field it is a MUST to keep connected with the international art scene. The articles are always well written and researched thoroughly. This is one meaty paper with even the advertisements being interesting and full of art!
Yishu is a quarterly magazine dedicated to contemporary Chinese art and culture. Since its inauguration in May 2002, Yishu has raised its profile internationally to become one of the most respected journals devoted to contemporary Chinese art. Appealing to professionals in the art and academic fields, as well as art enthusiasts in general, Yishu is now the journal of record for the high quality coverage of issues and events pertinent to Chinese art today.
Canvas gives art from across the region a voice on the international stage and is a feast for anyone who values culture. Its exclusive features seek to enhance the appreciation and understanding of art from Middle East and Arab world. Edited by Myrna Ayad and contributed to by numerous international experts on the region’s art and culture (both ancient and modern).
A critical journal for contemporary culture worldwide. Contains design and color illustrations. The magazine is published ten times a year, September through May, along with an annual summer issue. As well as in-depth articles and reviews of contemporary art, the magazine features book reviews, columns on cinema and popular culture, and numerous full-page advertisements from prominent galleries around the world.
- 3 art DVD stocking stuffers to buy – November 2010 – our pick of the best art DVDs out
- Great gifts: 7 books on Chinese contemporary art – November 2010 – the Chinese art market is booming, understanding its history is essential
- Blog provides ground view of Chinese contemporary art – interview Katherine Don – September 2010 – learn about this important Chinese art resource
- Top 5 sites for Japanese contemporary art news by Matthew Larking – June 2009 – find out about the best resources for contemporary Japanese art
- Top 14 books on Southeast Asian art by Adeline Ooi – April 2009 – Southeast Asian art can be elusive, get clued up with these books