The Art Newspaper has reported, via the Financial Times, that Asia’s biggest fair, ART HK (Hong Kong International Art Fair), and Art Basel, one the of the world’s premier art fairs, are discussing a collaboration. Is this a sign that the Hong Kong art market is becoming more international?
Says The Art Newspaper,
An entry into the Hong Kong market would no doubt be of interest to the Basel fair, which also runs an edition in Miami. The art trade believes in the potential of the Asian market, particularly during more meagre economic times in the United States and Europe.
Click here to read the full article on The Art Newspaper.
ART HK’s 2011 edition will be held from 26-29 May. Click here for more information on the art fair.
Art Basel will run from 15-19 June 2011.
- Can you sell big to first-time collectors? Indian Art Summit 2011 round-up – February 2011 – the third edition of this Indian fair tripled in size in 2011
- Online VIP Art Fair dissapoints: Is damage fatal? – February 2011 – guest writer Pippa Dennis attends the fair and reports her findings
- Art Stage Singapore East-West balance praised – January 2011 – Is this fair a rival for ART HK?
- Art so fresh it’s still wet at Contemporary Istanbul – December 2010 – an insightful video by VernissageTV
- Art world big boys attend second Abu Dhabi art – November 2010 – another Asian fair growing its international attendance