CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUMS ASIA
Cultural news website Flavorwire has published a top ten list of the best art museums worldwide. The list covers museums located in cultural destinations within North America and Europe and, thankfully, the Asian region: namely Seoul, Beijing and Doha.
The three Asian contemporary art museums that made the Flavorwire top ten are:
- Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art (Seoul, South Korea)
- Ullens Center for Contemporary Art (Beijing, China)
- Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art (Doha, Qatar)
Click here to read the full list of top ten art museums worldwide on the Flavorwire website.
We want to pick your brain! If you were putting together a list of the top ten art museums in the Asian region, what institutions would you include? Leave a comment below.
- TverCA helps restore Russian soul – The Art Newspaper – August 2011 – Marat Guelman has founded his second regional Russian art museum
- The future of museums – short thought – May 2011 – Kate Cary Evans asks art institutions to focus on excellence in scholarship
- Art Observed reports on Mathaf Arab art museum inauguration and preview – January 2011 – read on for images and information from the magazine
- Lee Ufan-dedicated museum opens on Japanese island – The Japan Times – August 2010 – features an extensive interview with the artist
- 4 tips on how to make your art tour memorable – a museum case study by Nina Simon – August 2010 – looks at the simple yet effective model of a “customised” tour guide
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on art museums in Asia