ART MARKET WATCH LIST
A rising giant, important innovations and stars of the Asian art scene: as part of our ongoing “Lists” series we focus on the latest trends in the contemporary Asian art market and summarise five of the top posts added to our archive over the last year.
Qatar top contemporary art buyer internationally, reports Art Newspaper
How do you change a desert into an art oasis? This Art Radar post focuses on a discussion of the Middle East as a major player in the international contemporary art market, with a link to an article published by The Art Newspaper which highlights the recent contemporary art purchases made by leading Qataris and the government of the country.
Auction houses grow: Can art dealers compete? The Art Newspaper
This post looks at a recent shift in the art market: art dealers now have to live with the power of auction houses which over the past two decades have transformed from being wholesalers to retailers. It comments on how dealers can successfully innovate and compete with auction houses by expanding the ways through which they can sell art.
Hong Kong art fair ART HK 11: Chinese contemporary art market to outgrow US and European – press release
Based on two art market reports put together by ART HK 11 and ArtTactic, this post demonstrates that the Chinese contemporary art market is growing fast and is on its way to becoming the biggest market world-wide, perhaps even exceeding the top US and European markets.
Fine art funds trends today – ArtInsight panel talk summary
This post is one in a series of Art Radar reports on a set of art market investment trends seminars organised by ArtInsight, an education partner of art market research firm ArtTactic. Art Radar breaks the content of the seminar into bite-sized chunks, highlights the importance of innovations in art investment in a changing international economic climate and, more specifically, focuses on how fine art funds play a role in the market.
Which Asian contemporary artists made Artprice auction revenue top 500?
If you are looking for a summary on the top 500 contemporary Asian art prices, this post is a great start! Art Radar has put together a comprehensive list of the biggest-selling artists in Asia, compiled from the Artprice Annual Report (2009/2010). Catch up on who the current stars are before the next list is released in late 2011.
- Online art business: Inspirations from Hong Kong gallery director Alice Zhang – July 2011 – an interview with Alice Zhang, director of Mischmasch, an online art buying platform
- Online art auctions get physical : Is internet model failing? – April 2011 – online art auctions talk about the possible need of a physical link with collectors
- Contemporary art markets face intense competition, must re-think game plan – January 2011 – how larger galleries tighten their grip on a globalised market
- Chinese auction houses climb world wide revenue rankings – Artprice – December 2010 – discover which auction houses take a place in the world’s top-10
- New art fund gives money to galleries in a ground-breaking business model – Saatchi – October 2008 – about the Art Bridge Finance Group financing projects of smaller galleries instead of buying art
Subscribe to Art Radar for updates on new Asian art market trends