HOTEL ART TOURISM STREET ART AUSTRALIA
There is a AUD15,000 Banksy lurking in a corridor of one of three of Melbourne’s Art Series Hotels and the company is offering its guests the opportunity to swipe it. That is right, if you can find it and get it out of the hotel without being seen, it is yours!
The work up for grabs (pun intended) is No Ball Games, part of a series of works which is of historical note, says hotel management. “In 2007 a group of bandits removed a section of a wall with an angle grinder because Banksy had stencilled around the ‘No Ball Games’ sign on it. The wall was later found on ebay for sale for 20,000 pounds.”
Banksy’s No Ball Games will hang from 15 December 2011 to 15 January 2012 and will be rotated between all three Art Series Hotels in Melbourne, Australia. One of the coolest marketing stunts. Ever.
- Australian street artists are ‘Young & Free’ in San Francisco – October 2011 – rise in popularity of Australian street art internationally
- Can graffiti still shock and challenge? Top Art Radar posts – October 2011 – Is street art finally being accepted as mainstream?
- Street artist JR covers Shanghai with wrinkly faces – video – March 2011 – watch a video on this project created by artist JR
- ‘Guerilla’ gallerist on introducing Banksy to Asia, art atmosphere in Hong Kong- interview – April 2010 – Fabrik sets up permanent home in Hong Kong
- What is street art? Top 5 street artists in the art world- Part II – March 2010 – Banksy named as one of the five in this original and very popular series
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on marketing and art