ANDY WARHOL EXHIBITION ASIA POP ART
As reported by the Associated Press on 1 February 2012, an Andy Warhol retrospective will tour five cities in Asia over the next three years, starting in Singapore in March 2012. Organised by the US-based Andy Warhol Museum, the tour commemorates the 25th anniversary of the artist’s death.
From the Associated Press,
A large retrospective exhibition of Andy Warhol’s artwork will tour five Asian cities over the next three years.
The Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh says the exhibit will be the pop art icon’s largest ever in Asia. It will include more than 300 paintings, photographs, screen prints, drawings and sculptures.
The exhibit, “Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal”, will open in Singapore in March . It will head to Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing in 2013 and Tokyo in 2014.
In 2o07, South Korea’s Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art organised the exhibition “Andy Warhol Factory” in conjunction with the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to mark the 20th anniversary of the artist’s death. Warhol’s work also made an appearance in Taipei, Taiwan in 2009, the first stop in another unrelated world tour of the artist’s creations.
- Art Stage Singapore 2012 round up: Sales slow, coverage listless - January 2012 – a round up of opinions on Singapore’s recent major contemporary art fair
- Decade-long worldwide graffiti tour makes Jakarta first Asian stop - January 2012 – another big art tour that is holding events around Asia
- Travel tips from Beijing art pro – ARTINFO - October 2011 – where the best art travel sites around Asia can be found
- Unparalleled “NEW AGE: NEW MEDIA” exhibition shows 12 Australian and Chinese video works - July 2011 – local and international contemporary artists exhibit together
- Pakistani American artist Shahzia Sikander impresses judges of SCMP|ART FUTURES at ART HK 10 - June 2010 – another American artist makes waves in Asia
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on internationally-renowed artists showing in Asia