CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR HONG KONG
With the repositioning of its ASIA ONE section into the centre of the fair for 2012, ART HK, now led by MCH Group, the owners of leading international fair Art Basel, is attempting to assert its “unique” position as the “only world class art fair to have a 50/50 balance of Asian and Western participation”.
From the press release,
ART HK 12 will also see the return of ASIA ONE, a section which debuted at the fair in 2011. Forty-nine galleries from across Asia will exhibit a solo presentation by an artist of Asian origin. ASIA ONE offers an international platform to Asian artists and their galleries and provides a unique opportunity for visitors to experience a diverse view of the Asian art scene. In keeping with the Fair’s encouragement of cross-cultural exchange, ART HK recently announced the repositioning of ASIA ONE into the heart of the fair.
In the same release, ART HK 12 also announced their 266-strong gallery list. Top participants from Asia include,
Long March Space and The Pace Gallery from Beijing; Vitamin Creative Space from Guangzhou; Ben Brown Fine Arts and Hanart TZ Gallery from Hong Kong; Nature Morte / Bose Pacia from New Delhi; Kukje Gallery from Seoul; Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery from Sydney; Eslite Gallery from Taipei and SCAI THE BATHHOUSE from Tokyo. New additions include de Sarthe Gallery from Hong Kong, Gallery Koyanangi from Japan and three galleries from Mumbai: Chemould Prescott Road, Galerie Mirchandani + Steinruecke and Volte.
- Hong Kong Contemporary: Hotel art fair to piggyback ART HK 12 – February 2012 – a second contemporary art fair to run in tandem with ART HK 12
- What art fairs will contemporary galleries be heading to in 2011 – July 2011 – different galleries consider their increasing art fair options
- Art Basel takeover of ART HK: What did dealers at ART HK 11 say? – June 2011 – gallerists weigh in on the new ownership of ART HK
- ART HK 11 top topics media round-up: Ai Weiwei, Gao Weigang, ASIA ONE and gallery sales – June 2011 – the most talked-about issues of ART HK 11
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: Gallery sales – ART FUTURES and ASIA ONE sections – June 2011 – gallerists respond to new additions to the ART HK format
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on contemporary art fairs in Asia