CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR JAPAN
Art Fair Tokyo has announced that it will be expanding its venue in 2012, using all of the available space in the Tokyo International Forum Exhibition Hall. To fill the area, they are expanding a number of special sections including “Artistic Practices”, “Discover Asia” and “PROJECTS”.
From the press release, sent out to the media in January 2012,
This year, ART FAIR TOKYO 2012 is expanding our venue, taking up all of the Tokyo International Forum Exhibition Hall aiming for further development with fascinating programs and related-events. Launched in 2011 as an experimental exhibition, “Artistic Practices” becomes a special section this year retracing Japanese art history with high-quality works ranging from antiques to contemporary art.
Having our international vision of “Tokyo as a city within Asia”, we proudly launch “Discover Asia” – a new section where prominent galleries from major Asian cities, such as Seoul, Taipei, and Beijing, participate at ART FAIR TOKYO 2012 along with museums and Japanese galleries that have been receiving international acclaim.
In addition, as the “PROJECTS” section is setting up within the Exhibition Hall this year, the section not only features the usual participations of international young galleries, but has a new section, “project in PROJECTS”, which dynamically presents the large-scale works of the latest Asia-Pacific art going beyond the confines of a regular booth.
This edition of Art Fair Tokyo will be open to the public at the Tokyo International Forum Exhibition Hall from 30 March to 1 April 2012. The Opening Preview, attended by invitation only, will be held on 29 March.
- ART HK repositions ASIA ONE section for 2012, now “heart” of fair – February 2012 – ART HK is attempting to assert its “unique” position
- VIP 2.0: Online art marketing channel in the making? – February 2012 – participants applauded interface tweaks and publicity potential
- India Art Fair 2012: For international galleries, India focus among emerging economies – February 2012 – What was the overall reception of the fair this time around?
- Hong Kong Contemporary: Hotel art fair to piggyback ART HK 12 – February 2012 – an effort to draw international collectors and visitors
- Art Stage Singapore 2012 round up: Sales slow, coverage listless – January 2012 – find out what happened at the second annual Art Stage Singapore
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on contemporary art fairs in Asia