ART BUSINESS COURSE LEARNING HONG KONG
In April 2012, Sotheby’s Institute of Art is bringing a one-week “Business Management in the Art World” course to Hong Kong art professionals. The course, says Sotheby’s, will “offer art professionals an exclusive opportunity to reach new levels of business management within the art world.”
From the press release, sent out to the media on 9 February 2012,
Business Management in the Art World
Hong Kong: 23–27 April 2012
This intensive course addresses key issues of business practice within the art world such as strategy, marketing, financial management and operations, as well as governance and leadership.
Aligned with the Institute’s ‘hands-on’ approach, participants gain the latest thinking in business management via lectures, case studies and practical sessions. Speakers include both faculty and renowned business leaders in the field. The course is designed for those who want to enhance their competitive edge in today’s art market.
Click here to download course timetable (PDF).
Dates: 23 – 27 April 2012
Fee: £1650 (£1485 if booked by 2 April 2012)
Venue: Hotel LKF
Book now and pay online.
All art professionals need great writing skills. Touch yours up with Art Radar and join our intensive, practical art journalism course, taught entirely online. Our next official student intake starts in April 2012, but we accept applicants into this flexible programme at any time of the year. Click here to read more about our Certificate in Art Journalism and Writing 101.
- VIP 2.0: Online art marketing channel in the making? – February 2012 – participants applauded interface tweaks and the fair’s publicity potential
- What is ahead for contemporary Asian art, 2012 and beyond? Part IV – February 2012 – the fourth in this series looks at technology and art business
- India Art Fair 2012: For international galleries, India focus among emerging economies – February 2012 – find out what the overall reception of the fair was
- New records for Chinese auction houses despite market slowdown – ArtTactic report – January 2012 – Chinese art auctions still hit record sales for the past year despite the economic challenges faced elsewhere in the world
- Who are Australia’s top arts philanthropists? ArtsHub names 6 – December 2011 – find out about the individuals who made a difference by supporting the Australian arts scene
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on courses for art professionals