CONTEMPORARY ART FAIRS HONG KONG INSTALLATION
The 2012 edition of ART HK, Asia’s biggest contemporary art fair, will see the return of ART HK Projects, an exhibition series consisting of ten large-scale installation works that débuted in 2011. This year, the programme will have its own dedicated curator, Yuko Hasegawa.
From the ART HK 12 press release (click here for a PDF download),
Dedicated to presenting large scale sculpture and installation works by leading artists from around the world, ART HK Projects provides visitors the rare opportunity to see works of an institutional scale. For the first time, this year the Fair will also have a dedicated Curator of ART HK Projects, Yuko Hasegawa, Chief Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Tokyo. Selected projects include ‘Flower’, an installation of Yayoi Kusama’s distinctive large scale sculptures presented by Gagosian Gallery. SCAI THE BATHHOUSE from Tokyo presents Tatsuo Miyajima with ‘HOTO’, 2008, a 6 metre high silver-mirrored tower with 3,287 LED digital counters over its surface. Furthermore, The Pace Gallery from Beijing will bring Black Hole, 2010, by Chinese artist Yin Xiuzhen, a work which is a used shipping container re-configured and enhanced with neon lights as a signature round cut diamond.
Also included in the ART HK Projects series is Chinese artist Shen Shaomin’s work I sleep on Top of Myself, which depicts silicon rubber animals sleeping in a pile of their own fur. Hasegawa will direct installations in ten 100 square metre spaces spread amongst the fair’s exhibitors. The Japanese art professional adds this curatorship to her recently announced position with the Sharjah Biennial 11, an event which will open in 2013.
- ART HK repositions ASIA ONE section for 2012, now “heart” of fair – February 2012 – changes being made to the fair’s fifth edition
- Hong Kong Contemporary: Hotel art fair to piggyback ART HK 12 – February 2012 – a second event for Hong Kong art-goers to attend
- Japanese curator Yuko Hasegawa plans multi-disciplined Sharjah Biennial 11 – December 2011 – Hasegawa’s vision for the upcoming Sharjah event
- ART HK versus Art Stage Singapore: ART HK 11 dealers debate Asia’s top fair – June 2011 – how two major Asian art fairs stack up in the eyes of art professionals
- Art Basel takeover of ART HK: What did dealers at ART HK say? – June 2011 – 2012 fair to be the first guided by ART HK’s new management
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on ART HK 12