AUSTRALIA ART FAIRS EVENTS
According to an article posted in the Wire section of the website of Spear’s Wealth Management Survey (Spear’s WMS), ART HK founder Tim Etchells has launched Australia’s newest art fair, an international biennial event called Sydney Contemporary.
The event is scheduled to run from 12 to 14 April 2013 at the Hordern Pavilion and Royal Hall of Industries at Moore Park in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, and is accepting registration from both local and international art galleries.
Click here to read the original article, titled Sydney Contemporary Biennale to be launched in April 2013, as published on the Spear’s WMS website.
Sydney Contemporary represents the first time this city has hosted a serious, high-end art fair. We expect it to play a significant role in helping to focus attention on the Sydney art scene in the same way that ART HK focused attention on Asian art.
The fair provides a vital new platform from which galleries, artists and collectors can deepen and grow networks and relationships both with local contacts and throughout the broader Asia Pacific region.
We are launching at a time when the market is rapidly changing and art fairs are a significant part of any gallery’s marketing strategy, by catering both to existing markets whilst also creating new ones. Sydney Contemporary will educate and excite the wider community about the work of contemporary artists by offering a dynamic program of events.
Australian visual arts specialist and curator Francesca Valmorbida has been named as Fair Director.
- 2 top Australian art professionals return home to head leading Oceanic institutions – February 2012 – find out who else is influencing the Australian art world
- Who are Australia’s top arts philanthropists? ArtsHub names 6 – December 2011 – a list of the key supporters of art in Australia
- Provocative agenda at huge Australian collector-owned museum – November 2011 – on Australia’s most eccentric private museum
- Corporate art sponsors replaced by private donors in Australia – Sydney Morning Herald – August 2011 – Is this trend proving true elsewhere?
- The 17th Sydney Biennale – Art Radar rounds up highlights, disappointments and critiques – August 2010 – a closer look at Australia’s premier international art event
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on Australian contemporary art events