A major strategic partnership results in expansion for one of the art world’s best known recruitment brands.
In December 2012, global art recruitment form Sophie Macpherson Ltd announced a partnership with cultural development contractor Lord Cultural Resources.
As reported in a recent press release,
Our Strategic Alliance will provide the cultural sector with a wider network of opportunities, resources and connections for those looking for positions and cultural institutions looking for great employees.
Sophie Macpherson, Founder, SML, states, ‘I am looking forward with eager anticipation to 2013 working with Lord to provide even better recruitment services to the cultural sector.’
With the partnership, Sophie Macpherson Ltd will increase their presence in Asia. Though the company operates in the Middle East and East Asia, they do not have an office in the region. Lord Cultural Resources, by contrast, has offices in both Beijing and Mumbai.
Lord Cultural Resources has also been involved in a number of high-profile cultural projects around Asia, including the West Kowloon Cultural District in Hong Kong, the southern branch of Taiwan’s famed National Palace Museum, the National Museum of China, the National Museum of Korea and the Qatar Museum of Islamic Art among many others.
This was not Sophie Macpherson Ltd’s only major collaboration in 2012. In October, they announced that their affiliated Art Market Academy was teaming up with The Art Newspaper to provide their students with greater access to art market knowledge and experience. Not long after, The Art Newspaper journalist Georgina Adam joined a panel at an SML Art Market Academy event.
- Asia market perfect for digital art? [s]edition takes on Chinese artists – December 2012 – Asia is a natural area of expansion for online art selling platforms
- Sophie Macpherson’s 10 tips to get ahead in the art world – ARTINFO UK – December 2012 – Ten must-know tips from the authority on jobs in the art world
- Online platform focuses on Southeast Asia, India art market information – resource alert – December 2012 – review and analyse market data and trends through an easy-to-use online platform
- Crowdsourced, web-based contemporary art projects blossom in Manila – Rappler – December 2012 – web-based social organisation and crowdfunding to support programming in Southeast Asian contemporary art and art history
- Beijing Freeport: China capital’s massive tax-free art storage facility – media round up – August 2012 – freeport expected to bring both economic and cultural gains
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on contemporary art jobs