Copy Editor – Contemporary Art
Art Radar, one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond, is seeking a Copy Editor to edit news and feature articles related to contemporary art in Asia and internationally.
Articles will be assigned by our editor to the Copy Editor a number of weeks to one to two days in advance of the deadline.
The Copy Editor will be asked to
- edit all assigned articles, correcting errors of grammar, spelling and fact.
- ensure all articles adhere to the Art Radar style and formatting requirements.
- ensure all images in all articles adhere to Art Radar specifications and captioning requirements.
- make any required changes / additions to articles at the request of the editor.
- promote articles via our social media channels and email.
- communicate any potential or real problems with articles to the editor promptly via email and/or Skype. (Art Radar operates a remote office only with an internationally based staff.)
While all articles relate to contemporary art in Asia and beyond, the variety of topics covered may be extensive. For a list of the topics covered by Art Radar to date (and an archive of our articles), please visit our topics page.
Art Radar operates remotely, with staff members working from home (or cafes!) across the world. As such, applicants for this position can be based anywhere in the world, although applicants living in the Asia region will be given preference.
Successful candidates must
- have a tertiary-level education.
- have experience working as an editor or copy editor for an online publication.
- have a background in art history, contemporary art, the art market or a related field.
- have native-level English language ability, written and spoken.
- be able to quickly find information using on- and off-line research methods.
- be familiar with the WordPress platform.
- have reliable access to the internet and their own computer.
- be willing to commit to regular hours each week during weekdays, and be flexible on weekends at short notice if they are needed.
- be familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
The Copy Editor will be paid a fixed rate of US$7 per article edited, regardless of length of article. Days of work per week to be decided during recruitment process.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume, a cover letter and two relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Sunday 28 April 2013
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email and will be required to attend up to two interviews over Skype and do a short editing test. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please direct questions about this position to email@example.com.