As we gear up to send our reporters into the inaugural Art Basel Hong Kong, we look back on what came before.
In 2011, Art Basel bought a sixty percent share in homegrown art fair ART HK, which had, since being founded in 2007, grown to become the biggest fair of its kind in the Asia region. Head into our archives to take a look at our coverage of past editions of this local fair and its transformation under the Art Basel banner.
- Hong Kong art fair ART HK 12: Final day sales figures
- Hong Kong art fair ART HK 12: Art practice and the camera lens – 3 artists discuss at Asia Art Archive
- ART HK 12: Sales figures days 1 and 2
- ART HK 12: Redefining the space we live in – Asia Art Archive Open Platform speakers
- ART HK 12: Hong Kong artist Lee Kit wins ART FUTURES prize
- ART HK 12: First time Asian galleries talk art fair strategy
- ART HK 12: Rolling media round-up [UPDATED 1 June 2012]
- Pearl Lam: Another gallery for Hong Kong’s Pedder Building
- ART HK repositions ASIA ONE section for 2012, now “heart” of fair
- Hong Kong Contemporary: Hotel art fair to piggyback ART HK 12
- What art fairs will contemporary galleries be heading to in 2011?
- ART HK versus Art Stage Singapore: ART HK 11 dealers debate Asia’s top fair
- Art Basel takeover of ART HK: What did dealers at ART HK 11 say?
- ART HK 11 top topics media round-up: Ai Weiwei, Gao Weigang, ASIA ONE and gallery sales
- Photographer David LaChapelle in Hong Kong: Asian art scene buzzing while New York’s stagnates
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: Gallery sales – ART FUTURES and ASIA ONE sections
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: ART HK confirms 2012 edition to be held in May
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: What did galleries bring to ART HK 11? Picture feast
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: Mystery man behind Hong Kong art fair success – Charles Ross
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: Chinese artist Gao Weigang wins 2011 ART FUTURES award
- ART HK 11 Hong Kong art fair: IQ2 debater Simon de Pury on beautiful art – interview
- Hong Kong art fair ART HK 11: First day fair impressions
- Hong Kong art fair ART HK 11: Chinese contemporary art market to outgrow US and European – press release
- Hong Kong art fair ART HK 11: Rolling media round-up [UPDATED 12 June 2011]
Coverage before 2011
Want to go back even further into the history and development of Asia’s biggest art fair? Click here for ART HK 11 coverage round-up with articles dating back to 2008.
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on contemporary art fairs in Asia