Writing / Journalism Intern – Contemporary Art
Art Radar, one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond, is seeking an Intern to write news and feature articles related to contemporary art in Asia and internationally.
The Art Radar Intern will ideally be a Journalism or Arts graduate with an understanding of online publishing and a passion for contemporary Asian art. Articles will be assigned by our Editor to the Intern a number of weeks to one to two days in advance of the deadline.
The Intern’s responsibilities will include:
- conducting thorough research for articles including on- and off-line research and telephone / Skype / email / in person interviewing.
- writing articles from research.
- sourcing appropriate and copyright free and/or approved images for articles.
- uploading article text and images to our website (WordPress).
- making any required changes / additions to articles at the request of the editor within a specified time-frame.
- promoting articles via our social media channels and email.
- communicating any potential or real problems with articles to the editor via email and/or Skype. (Art Radar operates a remote office only with an internationally based staff.)
Articles will typically be between 500 and 1500 words in length with a variety of lengths required in one week. Click here to scroll through our most recent articles.
While all articles relate to contemporary art in Asia and beyond, the variety of topics may be extensive. For a list of the topics covered by Art Radar to date, please visit our Topics page.
Art Radar operates remotely, with staff members working from home across the world. As such, applicants for this position can be based anywhere in the world, although applicants living in the Asia region will be given preference.
Successful candidates must
- commit to regular hours each week during weekdays, and be flexible on weekends (possibly at short notice).
- be able to quickly find information using on- and off-line research methods.
- be able to meet tight deadlines.
- have a tertiary-level education.
- have reliable access to the internet and their own computer.
- have native-level English language ability, written and spoken.
- have experience writing for an online publication.
- be familiar with the WordPress platform.
- be familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- have a background in journalism, art history, contemporary art, the art market or a related field.
Experience conducting interviews as part of research for written articles is strongly desired. Experience creating video and other multimedia content is desired, but not essential.
The Intern will be paid a fixed rate of US$250 per month and will be required to work 2.5 days in each week of the month.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume, a cover letter and two relevant writing samples to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Monday 10 June 2013
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email and will be required to attend up to two interviews over Skype and do a short writing test. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please direct questions about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.