Art Radar, one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond, is seeking a Managing Editor to oversee all editorial content, site management and related projects. Art Radar has over 25,000 unique visitors a month and over 15,000 followers and fans.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Commissioning, editing and publishing up to 10 contemporary art stories per week
- Managing a team of around 5 staff members
- Maintaining a wider pool of freelancers and guest contributors, and soliciting regular content from these sources
- Maintaining the Art Radar site, including regular updates
- Working with the Executive Editor on content creation and project management
- Promoting the website and its content through social media and SEO
- Building the readership
- Managing collateral content creation projects as and when necessary
Art Radar operates remotely, with staff members working from home across the world. As such, applicants for this position can be based anywhere in the world, although applicants living in the Asia region will be given preference.
Successful candidates must
- have a strong background in journalism, contemporary art, art history or online publishing.
- have experience using WordPress, with knowledge of HTML and CSS beneficial.
- be familiar with using online tools, eg. Google Analytics, to create long and short-term content strategy
- be confident managing a remote team of contract and freelance staff
- have native-level English language ability, written and spoken.
- have a tertiary-level education.
- have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Experience creating video and other multimedia content is desired, but not essential.
The Editor’s salary will be commensurate with experience
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume, a cover letter and two relevant writing samples to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Sunday 28 April 2013
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email and will be required to attend up to two interviews over Skype. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please direct questions about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.