101 Course Tutor (Part-time)
Art Radar Institute was founded in June 2011 and offers online and face-to-face courses to art professionals, academics, artists, scholars, collectors and trade. To date, almost 70 students have undertaken the Institute’s flagship online course, the Art Radar Certificate in Art Journalism & Writing 101.
The Institute is seeking a part-time Course Tutor to teach and manage students undertaking this unique 101 certificate programme. Over 13 weeks, students on this programme learn to write and edit up to two articles that will be published on Art Radar, one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond. The magazine has over 25,000 unique visitors a month and over 17,000 followers and fans.
Day to day responsibilities include
- interviewing prospective students.
- communicating with prospective and current students via email and Skype.
- finding and assigning articles to students.
- editing and providing feedback on coursework completed by students.
- uploading completed student articles to Art Radar for publication.
- grading students and writing reference letters.
- various administration tasks directly related to the management of prospective and current students.
Art Radar Institute and Art Radar operate remotely, with staff members working from home across the world. As such, applicants for this position can be based anywhere in the world, although applicants living in the Asia region will be given preference.
Successful candidates must
- have a strong background in education (online or offline) and/or journalism, contemporary art, art history, online publishing.
- have experience using WordPress, with knowledge of HTML and CSS beneficial.
- have native-level English language ability, written and spoken.
- have a tertiary-level education.
- have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- have excellent attention to detail.
Desired but not essential requirements include
- experience working remotely and/or independently in an online environment.
- experience using Google drive applications.
- experience using email delivery services such as MailChimp.
The 101 Course Tutor’s salary will be commensurate with experience. The 101 Course Tutor is a part-time role: weekly work time requirements will be confirmed during the interview period.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume, a cover letter and two relevant writing samples to artradarrecruitment@gmail.
Application deadline: Thursday 15 May 2014
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email and will be required to attend up to two interviews over Skype. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please direct questions about this position to artradarrecruitment@gmail.