Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art centre will hold its annual fundraising auction on 27 October 2015.
From now until 27 October 2015, buyers can place bids at Paddle8, and works are available for preview at Bonham’s Hong Kong Gallery.
A highlight of the month
Para Site Art Space, Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art centre and one of the most active independent art institutions in Asia, will hold its annual fundraising auction on 27 October 2015.
The live auction is set to take place at an exclusive dinner at the Qube at PMQ. The lots offered at auction are available for preview at Bonham’s Hong Kong gallery from 22 to 26 October 2015, and public bids can be placed online at Paddle8.
Per Hong Kong Tatler, the leading art space’s annual auction is “set to be a highlight of the month”. Over 100 lots are available for auction featuring works by leading artists from Asia and beyond including Ai Weiwei, Song Dong, Cao Fei, Alfredo Jaar and Antony Gormley, among others.
Fuelling growth and outreach
The upcoming auction is Para Site’s first after the institution’s move to new premises earlier this year. Cosmin Costinas, Para Site’s Executive Director and Curator, said on Para Site’s website:
The upcoming auction is the culmination of an exceptional year for Para Site during which we shifted space and expanded our programming to both critical success and community acclaim. The larger space has allowed us to hold more museum-standard exhibitions, more public programmes and residencies, more support schemes for Hong Kong artists, and launch more new publications than ever before. We saw a considerable increase in visitor numbers, and our impact on the local arts community has been commensurately bigger.
All funds raised in the upcoming auction will continue to support Para Site’s work with local and international artists, as well as their extensive exhibition and education programme. Costinas continues:
The funds raised will allow Para Site to continue supporting Hong Kong and Asia’s new and leading talent and engaging with the local community through ground-breaking exhibitions and educational outreach.
Paddle8 supports institutional fundraising
Also fundraising via auction on Paddle8 is Sydney’s 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art (4A) and Hong Kong’s Asia Art Archive (AAA). All proceeds from 4A’s auction will support 4A’s 2016 artistic programme. The AAA’s Annual Fundraiser, to be held from 10 to 13 November at The Space, marks the 15th anniversary of the institution. The AAA auction is online on Paddle 8 until 14 November. The online auction platform was also used by San Art’s fundraising auction last year.
- Hong Kong Fall auction results show resilient Asian art market – October 2015 – Hong Kong auction results prove art market is still holding strong
- Slump continues in global market for Chinese art while Hong Kong holds strong – artnet report – September 2015 – Art Radar analyses the highlights from artnet’s Global Chinese Art Auction Market Report 2014
- Modern artists dominate Christie’s Hong Kong spring sales – May 2015 – Asian modern and contemporary art continues to gain ground among collectors at Christie’s Hong Kong’s spring auctions
- Crowdfunding art: New trend opens doors for non-profit initiatives – November 2014 – In light of Art Basel’s recent crowdfunding initiative in partnership with Kickstarter, Art Radar investigates the new fundraising model and its impact on the non-profit art scene
- Hong Kong artspace Para Site wins its largest-ever government grant – August 2014 – Leading independent contemporary art space Para Site wins the Springboard Grant from the Hong Kong Government’s Home Affairs Bureau
Subscribe to Art Radar for more art news