Administrative and Social Media Intern – contemporary art publishing.
Art Radar, one of the leading online platforms covering contemporary art news and trends in Asia and beyond, is seeking a paid Intern to work on administrative and social media tasks.
This is a compelling chance for somebody with an interest in contemporary Asian art to be part of a growing and dynamic international arts platform. There may be an opportunity for an upgrade of the internship for an additional six months, with more responsibilities and higher remuneration. There also may be an opportunity for career progression at the end of the internship for the right candidate – previous Interns have gone on the take up writing, copy editing, assistant and managerial positions within Art Radar.
The Art Radar Intern is ideally a Journalism or Arts graduate with an understanding of online publishing, social media and a passion for contemporary Asian art. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Intern will be responsible for:
- Editorial Assistance: updating our curated listings of employment opportunities and art events. You will need to proactively source new opportunities online, update the page, create new pages for new opportunities, create a weekly post to advertise new job and internship opportunities. You will also update event listings with new dates and new events.
- Social media: researching, creating and maintaining old and new platforms and strategies supervised by the Managing Editor. Prior experience in social media marketing and/or strong social media presence is desirable.
- General administrative and editorial tasks as necessary. These may include assisting with Art Radar’s ongoing projects, transcribing interviews, layout and copy editing tasks for the weekly newsletter.
For this position, you must:
- have a tertiary-level education
- have a background in art history, contemporary art, the art market or a related field (desirable but not essential)
- have native-level English language ability, written and spoken
- be able to quickly find information using on- and off-line research methods
- be familiar with the WordPress platform
- have reliable access to the Internet and your own computer
- be willing to commit to regular hours each week during weekdays, and be flexible on weekends at short notice if needed
- be familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn
This role will entail between 6-7 hours a week (estimate) once the Intern is fully trained. However, for the right candidate this role may expand to include further tasks related to the administration of the website, so a candidate with the ability to take on more work/hours is strongly desired and will be given preference. Art Radar seeks a candidate who not only is willing to learn, but also to contribute to the development of the platform in a pro-active and committed way.
A background in art history, contemporary art or a related field and experience working for an online trade publication in any area is desirable, but not essential. Candidates with no experience in either may be considered for this role, depending on other skills.
The Intern will be paid a base rate in USD per month, to be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE to complete the application form.
Application deadline: Sunday 19 November 2017, 12:00 GMT+8
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email and may be required to attend an interview over Skype. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted. The internship begins on 1 December 2017.
Please direct questions about this position to email@example.com.
Art Radar operates a remote office only with an internationally based staff.