BANGLADESH PHOTOBOOK READER PRIZE
A retrospective publication dedicated to the work of renowned Bangladeshi photojournalist and social activist Shahidul Alam has been published by Skira. We have a copy of the book to give away to one lucky reader.
Head on down past the fascinating opening essay from the book excerpted below, put together by curator and writer Rosa Maria Falvo, to find out how to win!
WIN your very own copy of My Journey As a Witness!
We have one copy of Shahidul Alam’s beautiful My Journey as a Witness to giveaway. All you have to do is leave your answer to the question below in the comment section of this post, or leave a message on our Facebook page or Twitter account. We will draw the winning name randomly on Tuesday 27 December 2011 and the winner will be contacted by email shortly after.
The question: Name one of the foundations, organisation or festivals set up by Shahidul Alam since he began his career as a photojournalist.
- Bangladeshi photojournalist Shahidul Alam’s first UK retrospective – picture feast – December 2011 – on first UK retrospective for this Bangladeshi photographer and social activist
- Palestinian artists use documentary tactics to sustain and subvert – ArtAsiaPacific – November 2011 – explores the adoption of documentary-based techniques by contemporary Palestinian artists
- Unravelling history in “Japanese House” – Tomoko Yoneda at ShugoArts – November 2011 – Japanese-style houses built in Taiwan at the turn of the last century are the subject of this new series
- Modernity through eyes of 8 South Korean photographers – October 2011 – we take a closer look at the artists
- 2 Indian photographers shortlisted for Canada’s 2011 Grange Prize – September 2011 – on Indian photographers Gauri Gill and Nandini Valli
Subscribe to Art Radar for more on contemporary photography from the South Asian region